Monday, January 06, 2014

Reflection X

2013 was.....

a breakthrough

I wouldn't say 2013 was a bad year, but neither would I say it was a great year. 

I know how I would write a reflection post at the end of each year and how every year I'll mention about how much I think I've grown. Maybe not physically but mentally at least. It's evident how I never fail to mention that I've matured during the year and how I was exposed to series of things that shaped me to become how I am today. But 2013 feels different

2013 feels like a breakthrough because it made me realise that I really am on my way to adulthood. It showed me that there's just so much more to life than rainbows and butterflies. You get my point. 

It was the year that showed me how hard life could get, how pathetic I can be and how much of a loser I actually can be as well. But it also showed me how much stronger I can become, how much more I can grow and how much more I can achieve. 

I would say that 2013 was the year I hit rock bottom. It was the time that I knew how it felt like to have my heart broken; to try relentlessly but fail nonetheless. It was the year that I realised how much I could feel as an individual, how in love I could be, how green (with jealousy) I can get, what sadness could do, and how emotions can get the better of one. It was scary because it was new to me. I felt like I lost myself. 

2013 exposed me to the deepest parts of myself, the parts I never knew existed. 
Who knew I could be such a mess? 

But amidst the heartbreak, 2013 also showed me how much more I can be. 
It wasn't an easy journey to heal, but with every passing day I felt like I could be stronger, like I could be more than just (a loser), that I could be better than who I already was. 

I realised how its important to be empowered with what I want in life, to know clearly about what I want to achieve and who I want to be. 

2013 taught me to not be so serious about life, to not take certain things too seriously. It taught me that sometimes, no matter how much you want some things, if it isn't meant to be, it would never be. It taught me how to let loose, to let go, to embrace and to accept. To never mock a pain I've not endured. But most importantly, it taught me how to laugh at myself. 

Of course, 2013 wasn't an all time low. I had my fair share of fun. I travelled. I met new people and made new friends. And there definitely were times where I laughed so hard I thought I could feel abs coming. There's so much to remember. 

But 2013 felt like a breakthrough because it was the year I pushed myself to doing more than I ever did. 
It feels like a breakthrough because I know I achieved more than I ever did in the years before, because I know this time, this year, I've really grown. 

Lastly, 2013 also showed me how much of a darling my friends could be, how some people are worth the fight, and how some just isn't. 

And in 2013, I cried, cried hard. But I laughed and laughed hard too. I loved, and was loved too. 
Though the year wasn't that good at the start, it definitely got better at the end. And that's all I've got for the year, nothing more, nothing less :) 


It's the fifth (or sixth) day into 2014, and I'm happy to say I ended 2013 on a good note and started the new year even better. 
Bringing along all that's worth it, shredding the bad, and embracing the lessons learnt. Forgetting the bad, and remembering the good.

Here's to a better 2014, with all the people that's worth it, and with someone worth it, someone special ;)