Friday, August 30, 2013

Not perfect but perfectly fine like that

29th August 2013

It's the 29th August today and this means that my mom finally turned 50. Had a simple celebration for her at home with takeaway seafood from Malaysia and a choco-banana cake from Awfully Chocolate. Her birthday present this year burnt a huge hole in my pocket, and I'm (sad to say) back to being broke again.... There's so many things I wna get and it kinda sucks that my money and my necessities are depleting simultaneously........... What can I say? My expenses are so high its taller than me.... S I G H.

So it's currently the exam period and yup, I know I shouldn't be here but I thought I'll drop by for a quick post after a short hiatus. Today's my self-declared holiday anyway. The past two papers were rather manageable, and I hope they (and the next two) would bring about relatively good results so I can conclude my (rather horrible) semester on a happy note.

China's in 2 weeks time, and to be honest I was kinda dreading it before. But now I've decided that I should face it with an open heart and mind and face this with a positive mindset. Such experiences don't come by often and I probably should make the best out of it. Yup I should. I'm sure China wouldn't be that bad especially with the company of my rebel girls! At the same time, I am really comforted that my friends are actually worried about me being there alone for 3 weeks (such wonderful friends) and the assurance I've received while I whine about how I'm afraid I wouldn't come back alive and that I would accidentally eat all sorts of rubbish like mistaken soaked wooden chopsticks as 'kuay teow' (just some rumours I heard, hahaha) and what notttt. Actually I'm just really afraid I would be home sick. But there's Wifi and I guess I can always Skype back home!

My upcoming holidays are pretty much packed to the brim, with China occupying half of them, followed by work (I need cash) and probably time out to meet the people I've neglected while I've been busy. Oh and I'm really hyped about the staycation with my favourite girls this October!!!

And before I go, I just wna share that I've successfully cleared my Final Theory Test (FTT)! Another burden cleared and another step closer to attaining my license!

Till the next, Xx.