18th June 2013
As a kid, I hated being alone. I liked to be constantly around people, maybe because I thought it was "safer". But now as I grow older, I start to enjoy being alone. I sometimes enjoy talking a walk with just my headphones on. I now appreciate times when I can spend some quality time alone, with myself.
I know it sounds a little absurd, but sometimes being around people too much can get pretty tiring. For me at least. But nontheless, I do enjoy being around people as well.
It's times when I'm alone that I really start to think about what's in my head, and get my thoughts figured out. I guess its then when I figure what I wna do with myself and how I want things to be. My thoughts are constellations I sometimes can't fathom but I know I need to deal with them.
I know how the whirlpool of thoughts can be really frustrating, and I hate how my thoughts can drive me crazy. It's time when I settle down in a spot I deem comfortable and start to reason with myself (no, I don't talk to myself) that I start to figure about what I want. I've came to realise that life isn't all about what you don't have, but more about what you already have. Life's too short to be wasted on things that makes you sad, cause happiness is a state of mind and we, we decide what makes us happy.
I guess the hardest battle I've fought so far wasn't fighting for the one I love, or loved, but fighting a battle against myself. But this time I say I'm happy, and this time I mean it.