2012 is pretty much coming to an end and I hope it's been a good year for all of you. If it wasn't, may the new year be better and more exciting!
I guess we should all embrace the upcoming new year and shed the past. Take with us the good memories that are worthy to keep and find the courage to let go of what's weighing us down.
I wouldn't say 2012 was an awesome year for me, neither would I say it was bad. I've tried many new exciting things this year, and I've even taken my first step into young adulthood.
This year I've lived, I've breathed, I've gained, I've lost. I took, I gave, I've loved, I've hurt. And most importantly, I've grown.
Before the year officially ends, I would like to take the chance to thank the people around me who have not only been there for me when I needed them but for their tremendous support as well. Such great people make living so much more fulfilling.
Let's get started shall we?
My Parents
I can't thank my parents enough for all that they've done for me. Their support, their endless love as well as their genuine care and concern. I've used to think that my parents didn't understand me, but through my recent failed first relationship, I've realised that they really do. It was through this that I really felt their care and their support, and I can't help feeling like a loser when I knew I made them worry. I guess what hurts a parent most is seeing their child hurt.
I am really thankful that they didn't give up on me though I've been a real loser, and with their support, I'm glad to say I survived my first ever heartbreak.
My Brothers
Though I've always wanted a sister, I'm still really thankful for my two amazing brothers who stood by me as well. I can never imagine how sad and lonely life would be without my two annoying but at the same time protective older brothers.
Laura
Though she's been really annoying and pampered and whiny and full of complains, I love her anyway. I can't thank her enough for never failing to be there for me when I'm in need. It's really amazing how close we've gotten over just a year, and how we never fell apart though we are of different schools now.
I can't thank that silly girl enough for choosing to stay though I've obviously neglected her. I can't thank her enough for never hanging up though all she hear from the other end of the phone is me crying and wailing like an idiot. I can't thank her enough for staying up to make sure I'm well and fast asleep before going to bed at times she knows I'm nursing a broken heart. I can't thank her enough for accepting me for who I am, and for being my best friend.
Thank you Mogu, and I love you.
YingJie
Am really glad that the change of class in upper secondary and the distance between our houses now didn't make a change in our friendship. Though I'd only meet her once in a long while, I'm really thankful that we managed to keep our friendship as strong as before.
Thank you for always understanding my problems and for offering the best advices.
Thank you D, and I love you too.
Met this annoying but really nice girl in school this year and I am really sincerely glad that she's my classmate. I can't imagine how different poly life would be if it weren't for her annoying yet bubbly presence that usually makes my day. Though we've only known each other for less than a year, I guess we managed to hit off pretty well. Thank you for being a wonderful friend who genuinely cares, and for being there when I need someone by my side as well. Thank you for being my beacon of light (so cheesy) in my darkest moments and for enlightening me, as well as for training me to become a stronger person.
Don't know what I'll do without you Bear.
Sarah
This girl's been pretty much a darling who takes her time off to share my joy but my sorrows as well. Can't thank her enough for promising to always be there and for living the promise. Can't thank her enough for understanding my feelings and for being a wonderful listening ear and a pillar of support. Though we are of a year apart, I am glad we managed to hit off so well and still be as close though we hardly spend time together. I remember those times when we had our late night 3 am phone calls where we'll pour our hearts out to each other while she takes the opportunity to scare me about windows.
If you ever need those 3 am conversations again, I'm always willing.
Shidah
I've only gotten close to her from the start of the second semester but I can't help but say she's been really awesome as well. She's always comforting and I guess she's the only one who entertains me when I go all childish and psycho. Her words are really encouraging and I would never forget how loved and blessed I felt when I received a long text from her during my "post break-up" days.
Darling, you're awesome!
I can't thank this boy enough because he's really been there for me. I really do appreciate how he sends a text in the morning hoping that I'll have a good day ahead and then sends another text at night with the hope that I had a good day. And how he advises and is able to empathise with my feelings though we've never been close.
Such a wonderful boy, the right one would come for you soon.
I would also like to thank my old secondary pals like Jonathan Yong for calling me up one night (after seeing my emo tweets) just to ask if I am fine. Not forgetting my usual clique of the lovely bunch, Si Ying, Kang Sian and Priya. Plus the other secondary school friends that I barely talk to any more cause of some unknown reasons who took the effort to drop a simple comforting text that really meant a lot.
Lastly, there's L who made 9 months in 2012 so memorable for me.
You've been wonderful.
So now's a fresh new chance to live with powerful positive purpose. I'm looking forward to new opportunities, are you?
Have a blessed 2013 everyone!













